Fruits are an essential part of our daily diet. These are rich sources of vitamins, carbohydrates, and antioxidants as well. In addition, fruits are rich in fibers and easy to digest for our body. Thus, there are multiple health benefits of eating fresh fruits daily. Here we will read about such a nutritious fruit called Pineapple. Pineapple is a very delicious fruit with its unique flavor and taste. After reading this article, you must be familiar with some fantastic facts about pineapples you haven't heard before. Here we have mentioned the list of the topics related to pineapples we will cover in this article.
Some basic Facts About Pineapples :
- How were Pineapples discovered?
- Why is this fruit called Pineapple?
- How Does a Pineapple Plant Grow?
- Why are pineapples special?
- Nutrition Benefits of Pineapples
- Where to store Pineapples?
- How are Pineapples used?
- How to cut a pineapple properly.
How were Pineapples discovered?
Pineapples are native to South America. Christopher Columbus discovered it in 1493 on the Guadeloupe Islands in the Caribbean. This fruit is native to Southern Brazil and Paraguay as well. Facts About Pineapples are a good source of Manganese, and Vitamin C. Raw pineapple contains 86% water. It is a very delicious fruit with numerous health benefits. In this article, we will read about six amazing facts about pineapples you haven't heard before.
Read Also: डार्क सर्कल के उपाय जाने और प्रभावी तरीके से छुटकारा पाएं
Why is this fruit called Pineapple?
As the name suggests, It looks like either it is a breed of pine or apple, but it's not true. This fruit is called Pineapple because of its appearance, which resembles pine cones. Technically it's a berry Facts About Pineapples. Pineapples are a mass of many individual berries which are fused to make a single more giant fruit. The fruit of Pineapple is the result of the fusion of hundreds of flowers together. Pineapples are generally red, purple, and lavender. The popular drink “Pina Colada” is made up of pineapples. Pineapples are the most unusual-looking tropical fruits.
How Does a Pineapple Plant Grow?
Pineapple plants have the capability to regenerate. It means you can plant pineapple leaves to grow another pineapple plant Facts About Pineapples. We need to slice it from the top and bury the leaves in the same soil, and it will grow as a new plant. Single pineapple fruit can take up to 3 years to reach maturation. That's why pineapple prices are a bit high.
One pineapple plant only produces one Pineapple per season. Pineapple plants grow near the ground. A pineapple plant can grow around 3 to 5 feet in height. A young Pineapple flower looks very adorable.
Pineapple production Areas: Hawaii, USA, was the largest producer of American pineapples in history Facts About Pineapples. But now, the Philippines, Brazil, Costa Rica, Indonesia, Thailand, and India are the largest producers of pineapples.
The life of a pineapple plant is around 50 years. So you only need to grow the plant once, and it gives you one fruit per season for the next 50 years.
Why are pineapples special?
Pineapples are considered the international symbol of welcome. It is the symbolic way of saying to someone that you are perfect when we present them Facts About Pineapples. A single pineapple could fetch a fortune. Pineapples have also become the symbol of luxury, wealth, and nobility in Europe.
Nutrition Benefits of Pineapples
- Pineapples contain 86% of water and 13% of carbohydrates. The amount of fat and proteins are very negligible. One cup of pineapple crush(100 grams) provides 50 calories of energy.
- Pineapples are loaded with several nutrients like Iron, Manganese, thiamine, copper, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, proteins, Vitamin B6, carbs, vitamin C, niacin, etc., a body requires to grow appropriately and healthily.
- Pineapples are rich in Vitamin C and very helpful in boosting our body's immune system, and also helps in making digestion better.
- Pineapples are rich in antioxidants that help control and minimize stress and anxiety in the body.
- Bromelain enzymes present in pineapples can ease arthritis pain by reducing inflammation.
- Pineapples also reduce the risk of cancer in an individual's body because of their antioxidant properties.
- Due to the Anti-inflammatory property of enzymes bromelain, it also helps in recovering faster after surgery.
Where to store Pineapples?
Another strange fact about pineapples is that once they are harvested from the plant, they stop ripening Facts About Pineapples. But, unfortunately, pineapples don't continue to ripen after harvesting like bananas.
If you want to make your Pineapple more soft and juicy, you must keep it at room temperature for 1-2 days. It should be eaten within two days if stored at room temperature or within a week if stored in the refrigerator. If you are thinking of keeping cut Pineapple, you can put it in an airtight container, and don't forget to use it within 5-7 days.
How are Pineapples used?
- Pineapples are luscious fruit, so you can eat them directly after cutting them properly. Or you can take it in the form of juice as well.
- Pineapple contains Bromelain enzymes that can break down proteins that are why it is used to tenderize meats.
- Pineapples are also used to make various kinds of wines because of their unique taste.
- Pineapples are used to make refreshing drinks like lemonade, cocktails, and mocktails, etc.
- Pineapple is also used to make desserts like cake, mousses, and sundaes, etc.
- Pineapple juice is also used in several cuisines worldwide because of its distinctive qualities and flavor.
- Pineapples are also used to minimize the symptoms of cough, cold and nasal congestion.
How to cut a pineapple properly?
If you are a pineapple lover, you should know about adequately cutting a pineapple. First, you have to cut it with a sharp knife which the chefs used and slice off the top green crown, or you can say leaves of Pineapple and about a half-inch of the top of the Pineapple. Then, put the pineapple upside down on the chopping board and cut away the outer peel safely, from top to bottom Facts About Pineapples. You must remember not to cut the Pineapple so deep; then, you can cut it in small rectangular pieces the way you love to eat or use it.
Read Also: 10 Most Effective and Natural Ways to Boost Immunity
We have described all the strange and amazing facts about pineapples. For more articles like this, you can check out our website, and don’t forget to leave your feedback about your experience on our website.