Manchester United's Ralf Rangnick defends effort level in Manchester City rout


For their lack of effort in the 4-1 derby loss to Manchester City, Manchester United interim manager Ralf Rangnick defended his players.


On Sky Sports, Gary Neville said his former team "were a disgrace in the last 25 minutes," while Roy Keane called it "shameful and dreadful."


Rangnick felt City, who won 2-0 thanks to Kevin De Bruyne and Riyad Mahrez's goals, had been the better team, particularly in the second half.


which United managed just 21% possession and did not have a shot, but refused to accept his players had given up once the score got to 3-1.


"They didn't try," Rangnick noted. "Es difcil encontrar Manchester City, la má Not attempting after the third goal was not my fault."


Amid reports that Cristiano Ronaldo missed the game after being told he wouldn't be starting, Rangnick was obliged to deny it.


Due to hip issues, he couldn't practise or join the squad. "Our doctor said Cristiano couldn't train due to hip issues," Maine said.


Rangnik started as a false nine alongside Bruno Fernandes because Edinson Cavani was still out, despite returning to training on Thursday.


"I have to respect it if the players tell the medics they are not fit to play," Rangnik stated. "Idi trained hard for three days.


top 10 back pain exercises at home